You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Disney Comics
  •  » Huey Dewey and Louie's Father's identity has finally been discovered

#1 2010-05-15 05:11

Roger North

United States USA

Huey Dewey and Louie's Father's identity has finally been discovered

I just found out that on some Don Rosa fansite that the identity of Huey Dewey and Louie's father has been revealed. In fact Don Rosa drew him on the family tree.  His name is Jamie Hawkins.  That really surprised me.

#2 2010-05-15 05:23

GeoX

United States USA
Website

Re: Huey Dewey and Louie's Father's identity has finally been discovered

Uh...

#3 2010-05-15 13:53

Roger North

United States USA

Your confusion is understandable Geo X.  To find the website that I was talking about you'll find it on the links page of The D.U.C.K. Man Website.

#4 2010-05-15 14:40

Lars Jensen

Denmark DNK

Roger, I'm pretty sure that's just a fan drawing. The boys' father isn't really named Jamie Hawkins.

#5 2010-05-16 00:31

Roger North

United States USA

Maybe you're right Lars.  I always thought it would be something like Daniel Duck or something like that.

#6 2010-05-16 01:12

Robb_K
Barksist - Literal School

United States USA
Website

If their father were named "Jamie Hawkins", then their names would be Huey hawkins, Dewey Hawkins and Louie Hawkins.  Barks always used types of fowl for his names of fowl-like people.  So I wouldn't accept that.  I assume that their father's name was "Duck", and he was a distant relative of both Donald and Daisy, as well as all the other "Duck people".

Hou nou, bruin kou.... (of is dat "koe")?

#7 2010-05-16 01:15

Quackberg

Sweden SWE

Which link is it?

I have always thought that Huey, Dewey and Louie's father looked something like the grown up boys in Don Rosa's drawing with the tombsone of Scrooge McDuck - but that's just what I think...

Slackjaw Snorehead's Nr. 1 Fan

#8 2010-05-16 15:31

Roger North

United States USA

It's called The Don Rosa Fan Page or something like that Quackberg but I don't think the information is accurate. I think he might be Daisy's brother. I don't think he is related to Donald except by marriage. He is married to Donald's sister Della so that would make him his brother-in-law.

#9 2010-05-16 16:34

deyanmegara
Website

Don't see why the URL should be such a mystery, here it is: http://donrosanews.wordpress.com/2010/0 … es-father/

The image itself: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/ … 0_9283.jpg

As for the name, the site itself says "Note that the name of Huey, Dewey and Louieā€™s father is just a name that has something to do with the owner of the drawing." The owner's site (http://geekycarguy.blogspot.com/) says that his name was added to the drawing later ("Now if you look closely under Huey, Dewy and Louie's names and then in the box for their father's name you'll see somthing wrote in. Neat little thing Mr. Rosa does for guys that buy this print.")

While I'm not sure about the name of HDL's father (seems like Rosa is trying to keep it as some sort of mystery), there are some other interesting things in this new version. Most interesting for me is that Fethry is still there while Ludwig von Drake is added and is married to Scrooge's sister(!).

#10 2010-05-16 19:31

GeoX

United States USA
Website

Oh, is THAT all this is?  Pfft.  Yeah, I've seen that version of the family tree--on the one hand, I do like the fact that Ludwig is present; on the other, a problem stems from the fact that he's current-age while Matilda's still young-version: this has the unfortunate effect of making it look like a kind of creepy May-December marriage.

As for Fethry, when I asked Rosa about that he noted that, given his placement, it would be difficult to remove him at this point.  Anyway, them Yurpeans like him, so whataryagonnado?

• Index
  •  » Disney Comics
  •  » Huey Dewey and Louie's Father's identity has finally been discovered

Board footer

Inducks database (COA)
IRC at irc.inducks.org:6667, channel #dcml
Upload tool

Disney comics forums by country -
Quadrinhos Disney (Brazil),   DDF(R) (Denmark),   kvaak.fi (Finland),   Picsouman (France),   comicforum.de (Germany),   Greek comics,    the DCML (in English),   Papersera (Italy),   Kvakk (Norway),   DisneyPolska! (Poland),   La T.I.A.com (Spain),   Ankism (Sweden).